Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Help I'm in a Hurry! Sweet & Spicy Salsa Chicken

Greetings! Tonight Im in a hurry AND I have other things I need to get done, so Salsa Chicken it is. I usually make this in my electric pressure cooker with frozen chicken, but tonight I am going to let this simmer on the stove so I can get some other things done while dinner cooks. I have also made this in my crock pot and I think it could easily be adapted to be cooked in a casserole dish in the oven. Any way you choose, it will be delicious! Here is what you will need to make this recipe: 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast 1 large jar of peach/pineapple/chipoltle salsa 1 14 ounce can of Peach chunks (or one can of sliced peaches that you have cut up) 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes 1 8 ounce can pineapple tidbits 2 canned chipoltle peppers chopped finely Prepared rice In a large skillet combine salsa, tomatoes, peaches in their juice and pineapples in their juice as well as the diced chipoltle peppers. Stir to combine. Nestle the chicken breasts into the sauce, place lid on skillet at cook over medium high heat for 30 to 40 minutes. Check at the 30 minute mark for doneness. When the chicken is no longer pink in the middle, serve over rice with lots of the delicious sauce and enjoy! Boy if thats not quick and easy, I dont know what is! I hope you try this and I hope you enjoy it! Until next time, See Ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment